Brush off those last bits of sand from your summer vacation and get ready give your online brand an Olympic-sized boost. Why? The more effective your online professional brand is the more compelling people will consider you when they google and find you online. Why now? At least once per quarter it’s a good idea to take a look at the status of your online brand and then take a few moments to identify ways to improve it. As the remarkable Beijing Olympics have just come to a close and we reflect on the incredible focus every athlete exhibited, give your online profile the focus it needs to help your brand stay active, competitive and current. This kind of footwork may some day help you earn the gold medal of your career.
Here are a few quick tips for boosting your online brand today, Olympic-style:
1. Refresh your Profile. Update all of your online profiles on the web, especially your Ziggs Profile. Update your work experience, add new photos, and expand your links in Interests. If you don’t have a free Ziggs Profile, start one now or learn more.
2. Join a Ziggs Directory. List yourself today in all Directories at Ziggs that apply to your profession. This increases your online professional visibility for free.
3. Own your Name Online. Is your name available? Have you ever checked? Here’s a quick way for Ziggs members to find out. If you're not a Ziggs member, you can find out here. Owning your name online gives your brand more power.
4. Top-list in Search. Catapult your name and link to your profile to a premium position in every search engine. Research shows that searchers rarely go past the first page of results to find information, so be sure your profile is found on that first page. Here's how.
5. Enhance your Signature. Add your Ziggs Profile link into your email signature. This gives everyone you email a chance to learn more about your talents with a click. Try it now.
If your online brand is already fully boosted, consider boosting a friend’s. Share this blog with a friend today.
Congratulations and thank you to all Olympians for giving our world a boost of unity.